FUNCTIONAL TRAINING attempts to adapt or develop exercises which allow individuals to perform the activities of daily life more easily and without injuries.
Functional training involves mainly weight bearing activities targeted at core muscles.
- Based on functional tasks directed toward everyday life activities.
- Individualized – a training program should be tailored to each individual. Any program must be specific to the goals of an individual, focusing on meaningful tasks.
- It must also be specific to the individual state of health, including presence or history of injury.
- An assessment should be performed to help guide exercise selection and training load.Integrated – It should include a variety of exercises that work on flexibility, core, balance, strength and power, focusing on multiple movement planes.
- Progressive – Progressive training steadily increases the difficulty of the task.Periodized – mainly by training with distributed practice and varying the tasks.
- Repeated frequently.
- Use of real life object manipulation.
- Performed in context-specific environments.
PROVIDES VARIETY OF FUNCTIONAL TRAINING ACCESSORIES, SKILLED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFIED COACHES AND SPECIFIED TRAINING WORKOUTS FOR INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THIER NEEDS.
Physioballs (also called Swiss balls or exercise balls)
Rocker and wobble boards
Whole Body Vibration equipment (also called WBV or Acceleration Traininng)